Born and raised in Washington DC. Learned to hand dance a Susa Junior High School. At lunchtime, we had “Soc Hops” where we danced for the entire hour everyday. While in middle school and high school, I played all sports especially basketball, volleyball and ran track & field. In 1969, my family moved to Silver Spring, Md where there was no social dancing especially “hand dance”. From the 1970s to nineties, I concentrated on college and establishing my career as a Senior Contracting Officer for National Cancer Institute, NIH (until I retired after 40 years 2011). In 2003, I attended a class graduation at Club Elite and decided to take hand dance classes. In 2007, I attended and graduated from SEZ Hand Dance Class. In 2007, I was Lead Female Instructor for ArmNArmy Hand Dance Class and in 2008 until present, I lounged my own class “RhythmNStyle Hand Dance Academy. From 1994-2012, I was very active with the National Organization of Blacks In Government, Women on the Move, and NAACP. In 2005 until 2016 I became very active with the National Hand Dance Association, serving as Recording Secretary, Special Assistant the President, Special Projects, 2nd Vice President, Membership Services, Coordinator for the Nominating and Elections Committees and other duties as assigned. March 2016, I was elected as President of the National Hand Dance Association.
- Certified Officer and Leadership Trainer
- Certified Events Coordinator and Planner
- Experienced with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, Lotus & PowerPoint Presentations
- Proficient in Parliamentary Procedures
- BS in Public Administration and, Contract Law and Acquisition, 1978 – American Univ.
- Attended many classes in the Masters Program in Public Administration, American U
- BIG Master Training Instructor and EEO advisor
- Graduate the BIG Young Leadership Academy sponsored by the USDA Graduate School, August 2007.