Youth and Young Adult Affairs Division
The mission and purpose of the NHDA Youth and Young Adult Affairs Division is to foster support and interest in Hand Dance among youth and young adults.
The NHDA Youth Division is designed for youth from ages 7 years to 19 years old.
The Young Adult Division is designed for young adults ranging from 20 to 30 years old. Young adults have the option of joining the Young Adult Membership or the individual general membership, which includes members from 20 years and up.
The NHDA Youth and Young Adult Division, under the leadership of the 3rd Vice President for Youth Affairs, is responsible for creating and planning events including, but not limited to,
- Social functions
- Hand Dance workshops
- Participation in swing style dance competitions
- Educational Workshops on Hand Dance history, the social development, physiological and health benefits of Hand Dance.
a) One of the goals of the Youth and Young Adult Affairs Division is to solicit and recruit new members and renew yearly memberships.
b) Youth who can Hand Dance are encouraged to become members, but NHDA will accept youth who, at the time of joining, do not Hand Dance but are willing to learn and participate in NHDA youth committees and activities.
c) Membership Fees:
- Youth – Ages 7 – 19 years old. $10.00 (1st Year) – $5.00 Renewal (Yearly)
- Young Adult – Ages 20 – 30 years old – $15.00 (1st year) – $10.00 Renewal (Yearly)
- Affiliate Membership – $65.00 (yearly)